Thursday, May 14, 2015

It's all about the base

OK, I have never heard the song, but I have heard it referenced a lot.

I got all the half lap joint cut into the 6 x 6's today....which means I got a total of 4 joints cut.  Not a lot of work, but it is progress.  I made what I think is my best video yet too.


The joinery fits pretty good right off the saw.  Now I have to put it under the old shed and assemble it with lags and PL premium.  When it is laid out on the ground I realize how small it is.  Sally is saying it is huge.  I put the saw benches in and some tools to give some scale.





Not a huge amount of work done, but it was a bit heavier than I should be tackling, better to go slow than to have to stop all together.  I am very pleased with the progress so far.  Next is opening the floor of the shed.  I know the joists are terribly over spanned.  That is what the pressure treated 2 x 10's are for though, getting that floor beefed up and safe.  The weather guessers are calling for 4 days of rain coming, so I am not sure when progress continues, but it will and I will post then.

Thanks for dropping by!


No comments:

Post a Comment