Monday, June 13, 2016

Cleaning out the external drive

Well, I finally got around to editing a bit of video and getting it posted up.  I still have a bunch to go and I think I was feeling overwhelmed by the amount of work that all those files represent.  Nothing will fix that but getting the job done.  I had a long day getting them together.

 I also made up some climbing trellis for the beans, cucumbers, and peas that I have growing on the side of the shop.  The planters are made from pallet wood and old fence boards I was given.  The lattice work was from a job that got taken apart and changed over the years, so it was leftovers, and it is mounted on the fence boards too.  So the side of the shop is a growing area, built pretty much for free.  It isn't going to win any decorating awards, but it will give us some nice fresh food!


In this first video, I was mucking about in the shop, organising and trying to get things arranged more suitably as I get used to the shop.  I had some off cuts, I had some space, and I had a need.  I decided that since I am just using left over construction plywood, I would limit my tools.  I wanted to show that someone with nothing would not have to outlay too much in order to build something.  It wasn't going to be pretty, but it wasn't meant to be.  Limited tools, limited wood, limited skills.  You don't need much to get started in the woodworking hobby.



The second video is the return of one of the guitars I fixed for the school.  My transplant surgery turned out to be a little too stiff after all.  So I put the tuners back into the frames they came with and installed them on the guitar.  It probably would have been easier to do it this way in the first place, but I didn't want to drill the holes. 


Well, that just about does it.  I hope to clean up some more files soon.  There is a lot going on with the nice weather and I am enjoying being able to be out more.  Winter is long, so I am going to get the most I can out of the warmer months.

Thanks for dropping by!



No comments:

Post a Comment